Today Fabio Dovis chaired a special session at the Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC) 2009 in Las Vegas. The Session is named Beyond GPS - Where Navigation meets Consumer Communications. It was organized as a change to investigate the boundaries between Navigation and Positioning and mass market communications and to explore how positioning technologies can enable innovative applications. The session hosted 5 full papers and 1 short paper:
- Short Baseline Propagation Characteristics of Deterministic Wireless Fingerprinting Systems for Localisation presented by Andrew Dempster , from University of New South Wales, (AU);
- Towards Location Based QoS-Aware Network Selection Mechanism for the Nomadic Mobile Services presented by Pravin Pawar of the University of Twente, NL;
- NAV/COM Hybrid Architecture for Innovative Location Based Payment Systems presented by Massimiliano Spelat of ISMB, IT);
- Navigation Using Environmental Constraints presented by Yiming Ji (University of South Carolina Beaufort, US);
- Location Privacy Enforcement in a Location-Based Services Platform presented by John Buford (Avaya Labs Research, US);
- Assessing the Energy Efficiency of Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks (short paper) presented by Dominik Lieckfeldt (University of Rostock, DE).